Sunday 19 May 2013

MAY 13-19TH Tornado Warning and such.

As I write this we have lighting and thunder. And it rolls. It is very close as I was only able to count a few
 seconds. I think I will close this down till the storm stops. We even had a tornado warning. Some of the community went down into their basements but we were oblivious to the whole experience as we were waiting for the siren to go off. It got pretty dark around 5 PM but it was a hard rain that went south and did a lot of destruction in Iowa.
We finally have had some heat like it has not been below 60/16 and even got up to 90/30. The weeds have grown so fast that we are cutting the lawn but mowing mostly weeds. The Trees and lawns look beautiful.
My assignment changes this week as I helped out at the Facilities Management area called Conservation as we cleaned out an old attic in the Heber C.Kimball home - like I know how to vacuum up mouse droppings.We also delivered some clean mops to the different sites and some equipment to the missionaries homes. So it was a great change in my schedule. Even got home early to work on my lawn and weeds.
We are also outside rehearsing with the Young Performing Missionaries and doing some of our songs and dance the polka with them....That is FUN.  but I am still working on trying to heal that toe of mine.So I have been driving everywhere in hopes that it will heal. quicker if I stay off of it.
I did end up taking a nap today so perhaps I need some catch up time before the really busy season starts.


No comments:

Post a Comment