Sunday 5 May 2013

Sunday in Nauvoo

Sunday May 5th, Sacrament Meeting starts at 8 AM  and we had to sit in the back even though we were there at 7:45. There were over 300 people because of the \Temple Missionaries as well. As it was Fast and Testimony meeting  the Testimonies were brief and very touching especially the Young Performing Missionaries who have just arrived as well.
Today was a heart flutter experience as I was asked to teach the Sunday School Lesson .It was on the Sabbath Day D&C 59. The reason I was overwhelmed was that there were over 200 people in the class which is held in the Theater in the Visitors' Center. We each get an opportunity to do so but with the influx of new missionaries it will take a while for this to happen and it is not alphabetical. Anyway, I am glad to have had the experience and I learned much.. I have been greatly blessed for my desire to keep the Sabbath Day Holy and to take the Sacrament. When I have had moments when I thought I was not able to get to meetings the way has been made open to me to do so, and I have been blessed for this. My thoughts take me back to Hill Spring when Fred was sick and also when I was taking care of my Mother before they passed on.
One of the things I felt - that I was the messenger and how important it is to prepare for the Sabbath Day not only physically but to prepare yourself spiritually. To find the moments to de-clutter and think of the Savior and the Atonement.  I made reference to the Nov. Ensign talk of Elder Don Clarke on the Blessings of the Sacrament as well as Pres. Eyrings April First Presidency message. Next, our Relief Society Lesson was on Obedience from the Joseph Smith Manual . Then to end the day we had a Zone Conference and President Gilliland talked about the Atonement. So it has been quite the day to be edified by all these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment